Monday 23 November 2009

If i suddenly became a millionaire

I have lived in my current house for the past ten years. Before that i lived in at least four other houses. But the house, and more importantly the room i have now seem to be the most im familiar with. Though now, due to my parents being unable to stand one anothers company, we moving yet again. And somehow, much to my protest, i have been given the smallest bedroom that any one ever has had the misfortune of having. I'll be lucky if i can fit in a set of shelves and pack of cards in there. My brothers and dad have managed to get rooms the size of football pitches. Barbaric i say. But...theres little i can do. Technically i am away at uni, there for not there all the time. And with this in mind i felt maybe i could something with this teeny weeny micro space and make it somewhere lovely and comfy, and just better than the fucking massive rooms. I, after lots of thinking and trawling through rubbish website, have found what i think would be the perfect bedroom. I hope you like it, and any ideas would be greatly appreciated.




The main problem with the room is the fact that my bed fills most of the room dont actually have anywhere to put anything. I want to get me some shelves like this;
As well as having storage on the walls, ive got loads of space under my bed which would be a shame to waste. I found this box thats perfect to pop under the bed to fill will the crap that would otherwise be on my floor.





I, like anyother girl, have a box somewhere thats just full of tangled old earings and chains. I want this little wonder in my room to solve the bloody problem.





As after all, i am only a woman, you cant say no to a spot of posh lighting. Im gonna get me this badboy.



Alot of people have wallpaper on the walls as a kind of feature wall. but that seems like a bit of faff. I found a pretty mint alternative, this wall sticker can go anywhere in the room and theres billions of designs.







Its always nice to have comfiness to your room, so i would give my right arm to have this kinda thing on my bed.






And of course, im gonna wanna look at my room through something, so why not this. It can either be one big one on its on, or lots of little smaller ones.





To be fair i could sit here for hours and hours going on about all the little tiny details of this dream room i appear to have conjured up in my mind. But i wont bore you. I just had all these lovely ideas for how i wanted it too look so felt like sharing them.

Also I think it is of upmost importance that you listen to this song.



2 comments:

  1. Your blog is a really interesting read. I LOVE Cath Kidston things, florals :) We'll definitely be back!
    Come take a sneaky peek and follow us @TBAG
    Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty much agree with everything you say in this post :) & all of the things youve posted are so cute! x

    ReplyDelete